|About this Site||
Combat Archery FAQ
Revised / Reviewed October 26, 2013Disclaimer: The following are frequently asked questions about combat archery here in the Middle Kingdom. The answers are my thoughts and feelings based on my experience and observations and do not reflect SCA policy or any office I have held, am holding, or will hold.
What is the status of the program to become a Combat Archery Marshal?
The current status is:
2. The Final Draft Stage must be approved. (Completed Pennsic 42)
3. A date must be set for the new rules to go into effect. (Completed)
4. The 35-Foot Spear website must be updated with the information for the new rules (Completed)
5. The new combat archery marshal position/qualification must be set up with the Mistress of the list for her data base and new cards that will show this new marshal authorization. (In Progess)
6. A new MIT in training form for Combat Archery Marshal must be designed and approved or the current MIT marshal training form modified to have the areas spelled out that need checking off to show competences. TBD
7. The testing process for the inspection process as well as knowledge of Middle Kingdom and Society rules involving combat archery must be written. Much of this is going to have to be hands on. TBD
8. A self-test for prospective marshals to help them become familiar with the rules is to be written, reviewed and made available online.TBD
9. We start testing and the authorization process to have Combat Archery Marshals. TBD